Target PMF Positions in the Chicago Region
The following positions are generally the target positions for most PMFs. These are graded at the GS-12 level.
Location: SSA Field Office in Region's 6 states.Duties:
- First line supervision of employees responsible for administering either the Title II or Title XVI program.
- Reviews, analyzes and provides feedback to the staff and the Office Manager on employee and workload performance.
- Examines current field office procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
Assistant Module Manager
Location: Great Lake's Program Service CenterDuties:
- Assistant to the Module Manager who has overall responsibility for managing SSA benefits processing, making changes to the SSA records and providing direct service to the American Public via the 800 number operation.
- Assists in directing, coordinating and supervising the activities of process module employees.
- Formulates and implements module goals.
- Conducts work performance and conduct discussions. Serves as a leave approving officer.
Location: Regional Office, Chicago, IllinoisDuties:
- Provides staff support and guidance on administrative and policy issues to executives and managers or all employees.
- Performs data analysis and participates in the planning and implementation of projects.
- Prepares written correspondence to other components, managers or all regional employees.
- Works on projects and studies which involve researching and analyzing an issue or problem.
- Prepares recommendations to resolve problems.