The Social Security Administration (SSA) no longer accepts EVS requests on diskette, cartridge or tape. Please see the SSNVS News page for details.
For employers and third-party submitters who wish to submit Social Security number verification requests to SSA via paper or telephone, see the Additional Verification Options section within the SSNVS Handbook.
E-Verify (formerly known as the Basic Pilot/Employment Eligibility Verification Program) is a free Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
CBSV is a fee and consent-based Social Security number (SSN) verification service available to enrolled private companies and Federal, State and Local government agencies. It provides instant, automated verification and it easily handles large volume requests. Using CBSV, participating companies can verify the SSNs of their customers and clients. An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required to enroll and become a CBSV user.
Business Services Online (BSO)
Saturday: 5 AM - 11 PM ET
Sunday: 8 AM - 11:30 PM ET
About W-2 Filing
- Electronic W-2/W-2c Filing Handbook
- Vendor List
- Helpful Government Resources
- FIRE (1099) Filing Information Returns Electronically
- Employer W-2 Filing
W-2 Filing Assistance
- Checklist for W-2 Online Filing
- Specifications for Filing Forms W-2 and W-2c Electronically (EFW2/EFW2C)
- Paper Forms W-2 & Instructions
- If You're Self-Employed
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ask an Expert
- Tax Forums and Speaking Engagements
- Vendor List
- E-Verify - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Customer Support
- Employer Feedback