Click here for our newly developed tool to retrieve SSA testimony from a specific year, witness, or subject. This includes agency testimony from 1995 (104th Congress) to present (114th Congress).
The Office of the Deputy Commissioner for Legislation and Congressional Affairs (ODCLCA) serves as the focal point for all legislative and regulatory activity in the Social Security Administration (SSA). Our duties include:
- Preparing SSA officials to testify before Congress;
- Coordinating the development of legislative proposals designed to improve our programs;
- Developing SSA's regulations, Social Security Rulings, and Federal Register Notices; and
- Securing approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for SSA's collection of information from the public (through forms, applications, surveys, etc.).
This site provides information about SSA's legislative and regulatory programs, resources for legislative research, and copies of communication between SSA, Congress, and the public. This site includes:
- Written testimony of SSA officials before Congress;
- Legislative Bulletins (summaries of active legislation with provisions affecting our programs);
- SSA’s legislative packages approved by OMB;
- A regulatory process overview;
- Efforts to streamline and update regulations
- SSA-related laws, reports to Congress, and program statistics.