What help is available for survivors?
Use our Survivors Planner to look at survivors benefits from two sides:
- how your family members are protected if you die, and
- how you may qualify as a survivor on someone else's Social Security record.
This protection is particularly important for young families with children.
If You Already Receive Survivors Benefits
- Online Services
- What you need to report to us
- Working while receiving benefits
- What You Need To Know When You Get Retirement Or Survivors Benefits (Publication No. 05-10077)
- Direct deposit
- Taxes and your benefits
- Living outside the U.S.
- What to do if you disagree with a decision we make
- What to do when someone dies
- 2012 schedule of payments
- 2013 schedule of payments