Register Now! National Work Incentives Seminar Event, Wednesday July 30
July 30, 2014
National Work Incentives Seminar Event (WISE) Webinar: More Jobs for People with Disabilities: What New Regulations Can Mean for You
Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 3:00 PM, EST
If you are a Social Security disability beneficiary and want to make more money through work, Ticket to Work can provide the support you need to transition to financial independence.
The July 30, 2014, national WISE webinar will present information about Social Security programs and rules that may apply to you, including details about Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act. Section 503 is a regulation that prohibits federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating in employment against people with disabilities and requires these employers to take action to recruit, hire, promote, and retain these people with disabilities. The presentation will include information on:
- What the changes to Section 503 mean for Social Security disability beneficiaries
- Tips for self-identification during the application and hiring process
- How to find and prepare for Section 503 opportunities
Register online or call 1-866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).
You will receive a registration confirmation message with instructions on how to log in to the webinar. Please be sure to check your spam folder. Registration information will also be available online the day of the webinar.
Email us at email@example.com or call 1-866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).
Data at Your Fingertips: Data Exchange Agreements
Recorded May 29, 2014.
A two-part webinar on Data Exchange Agreements for Federal, State, Tribal, and Local Government partners.
- Part 1 – “Data at Your Fingertips: An Introduction to SSA Data Exchange Agreements”, explains how to establish a data exchange agreement with the Social Security Administration.
- Part 2 – “Data at Your Fingertips: SSA Data Exchange, Understanding the Data for Current Users”, explains how data exchange agreements work and how to obtain the data you need.
There will be a Question and Answer session following each segment.
Data Exchange is the authorized sharing of electronic information under an agreement between SSA and Federal, State, tribal and local government agencies. Data Exchanges operate on a business-need basis with agencies that administer specific health or income maintenance programs. Social Security is a government leader in electronic information sharing, with almost 3,000 data exchange agreements and real-time or batch query exchanges, which help you to administer your programs.
Benefit Verification Letters On-Line
Recorded January 09, 2014
Verifying your clients’ Social Security benefits is easy! We will show you just how easy it is, in a webinar entitled: “Benefit Verification Letters Online, Easy as 1-2-3”. This webinar is designed for advocates, social service agencies, and other third parties to help promote the use of Social Security’s online service options.
Additionally, the webinar will provide information on:
- How to establish a my Social Security account;
- How to get a Benefit Verification Letter online at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount